Fantasy basketball is here again.
Every year I run a 12-team, standard 9-category, Head-to-Head league on Yahoo.com. The league is comprised of friends, family, and fellow competitors I’ve met through the years. There’s an entry fee and prizes for the winners;It’s always a good time.
(If you’re interested in joining an entertaining fantasy basketball or football league, shoot me an email.)
Our draft was on October 23.
Here’s my roster:
1. (3) Kevin Durant (OKC – SF)
2. (22) Goran Dragic (Pho – PG)
3. (27) Andre Iguodala (Den – SG,SF)
4. (46) Roy Hibbert (Ind – C)
5. (51) Damian Lillard (Por – PG)
6. (70) Klay Thompson (GS – SG,SF)
7. (75) Darren Collison (Dal – PG)
8. (94) Jonas Valanciunas (Tor – C)
9. (99) Andrei Kirilenko (Min – SF,PF)
10. (118) Luke Ridnour (Min – PG,SG)
11. (123) Robin Lopez (NO – C)
12. (142) Chandler Parsons (Hou – SF,PF)
13. (147) Jarrett Jack (GS – PG,SG)
14. (166) Nikola Vucevic (Orl – PF,C)
I landed Kevin Durant at #3 when the manager at #2 drafted Kobe Bryant. Said manager was late to the draft. The Auto-draft feature gave him a “pre-rank special”.
Goran Dragic and Damon Lillard are poised to have a big year. I’m high on Robin Lopez as a high 20-minute guy in New Orleans. He’s got the size and touch around the basket to be a solid contributor. I picked up Jarrett Jack (signed with Golden State) because he’s backing up Stephen Curry. That should tell you what I think of Curry’s chances of playing an injury-free season.
I’ll throw a few updates on my progress and other league happenings throughout the season.